Showing your support for breast cancer awareness on your piggies can be a fun and fashionable way to express yourself. A lovely pink ribbon pedicure is the perfect way to show your support in the fight for a cure. You can create your own DIY pink ribbon pedicure for breast cancer awareness in the comfort of your home, quickly and easily with a few materials and a few helpful instructions.
If you would like to know how to create a pretty pink ribbon pedicure, you are in luck! No matter if you are a beginner or an expert at DIY nail designs, you can create your own pink ribbon pedicure at home with a few nail painting supplies and some patience.
Our pink ribbon pedicure starts with a French pedicure. In case you aren’t familiar with how to do your own French pedicure, we’ll include those steps in our DIY instructions. First, though, we’ll fill you in on the most important materials you will need to create your pink ribbon breast cancer awareness pedicure.
(If a nail art pen is not available, you can use a tiny paintbrush or a toothpick to create your pink ribbon pedicure designs.)
DIY Nail Design Instructions for Pink Ribbon Pedicure:
To create your own pretty pink ribbon pedicure for breast cancer awareness month or any time of year, follow these steps:
DIY French Pedicure as a Base for Pink Ribbon Nail Art Designs
The first step is to do a French pedicure as a base for your pink ribbon nail art designs. If you know how to do your own French pedicure, do so and then skip down to the steps for adding pink ribbon nail art designs to your nails. If you are unfamiliar with French pedicures, see below:
1. Paint all of your toenails with a very pale pink or nude nail polish.
2. Allow them to dry and paint a second coat using the same base color.
3. Determine if a third coat is necessary. Apply and let dry if needed.
4. Once your nails are dry, paint just the tip of each nail white. You can use a white nail art pen for precision or if a nail art pen is not available, simply use the nail polish brush, a tiny paintbrush, or even a toothpick.
Tip: If you find that you have a hard time making a straight line across your nails, you can give yourself a guide using a piece of paper taped around your toe or some kind of label, tape, or sticker that won’t peel up your base coat. Some nail kits include guides you can apply for flawless French manicures and pedicures.
5. Allow your nails to dry completely before moving onto the next steps.
DIY Pink Ribbon Nail Art Designs for Breast Cancer Awareness
Adding pink ribbon nail art designs to your manicure or pedicure gives a classy and worthy look to your nails. While this tutorial is for a pink ribbon pedicure, you can easily apply the same techniques to your fingernails so that you can enjoy a pink ribbon manicure as well or instead.
To create your own DIY pink ribbon nail art designs for breast cancer awareness on your piggy toes, follow these steps:
1. After your French pedicure dries, prepare your dark pink or hot pink nail polish or nail art pen by eliminating excess polish that could ruin your design. Prepare to paint your pink ribbon nail design with your nail art pen, tiny paintbrush, or toothpick.
2. Paint a diagonal line from the white tip across your nail toward the middle but not quite to the opposite corner.
3. Repeat this technique from the opposite side, painting another diagonal line from the tip toward the middle and opposite side of the nail.
4. Very carefully paint an arch to connect the two diagonal lines.
5. Fix any parts of your pink ribbon nail art design that may not be uniform or to your liking.
6. Consider adding a clear gloss topcoat to seal your design or a pretty glitter topcoat for extra pizzazz.
Depending on the look you want to achieve, you can paint your DIY pink ribbon nail art designs on every toenail or simply on the big toe if you wish. Be creative – you can also experiment with twisting the arch of the pink ribbon to make it look multi-dimensional.
Have fun and remember – even if your first attempt doesn’t come out perfect, DIY nail designs get easier with practice. You can look great for a good cause with this pretty pink ribbon pedicure, and while you’re at it, consider trying a pink ribbon manicure to complete the look for breast cancer awareness.
About the Expert:
DIY Nail Designs is a Web site dedicated to providing exciting new nail art designs with color photos and step-by-step instructions on how to create the nail designs yourself. For more information or to see what’s new, visit online at www.diynaildesigns.com.