This year is the first time I’m ever throwing an awards party that is coordinated with one of the red carpet events. I’ve learned a lot in my experience in planning an Emmys party so far and I’d like to share my tips in case you are also looking to throw an Emmys party, Oscars party, or some other kind of red carpet event at home.
First things first, you must decide on your date, times, and guest list. Once you have those three key items nailed down, you can get into the fun part of the planning for your Emmys party. Consider these tips to help you plan a fun red carpet event at home!
1. Invitations – Send out an Evite so you can keep tabs on how many guests are coming. This will help you with planning the amount of food and beverages to have on hand.
2. Drinks – Get some wine and champagne for a truly luxe Emmys party experience. You can also plan a signature cocktail for all to enjoy in pretty glassware. Consider a colorful Cosmo or another bright and potent libation.
3. Food – Make the night special with some classy hors d’oeuvres and elegant entrees. Or, opt for the mix and mash of dishes from your favorite takeout places, gathering fried food, Chinese food, and more. Make sure you check for any food allergies prior to planning your menu. Don’t forget decadent desserts!
4. Dress Up – Or don’t. It’s up to you if you would like your friends to get glammed up for the Emmys party. You can give the girls a great excuse to enjoy wearing a gown and doing up their makeup and hair, or you can go to the opposite end with a pj party or simply casual attire.
5. Goodie Bags – You’ve got the food, drinks, the guest list, and the dress code nailed down. Now what could be missing besides some fun take-home items for your pals?! If you are feeling so inspired, put together a little goodie bag for each friend who is coming to your party. You can include makeup, lotion, hair care products, candy, and more. Of course, this tip is entirely optional and based on your budget.
If you are planning an all-girls Emmys party, you might also keep in mind a few things to do in addition to noshing and checking out the celebrities on the red carpet. Consider setting out some items for manicures, pedicures, and makeovers if anyone feels so inclined. You can also pick up a few gossip tabs and magazines like Cosmo for some additional commentary throughout the night.
If there will be guys at your Emmys party too, don’t be too surprised if the talk turns to sports. Be sure you have some beer on hand for the guys. You can also enjoy some games while you are watching the Emmys. Consider playing cards, dice games, or board games.
These are just a few ideas for different ways you can spin your Emmys party, Oscars party, or other red carpet event at home. Consider these tips or come up with your own. Most importantly, have fun!