When you meet a new guy for the first time, can you tell right away whether he’s a one-night-stand or more of a take-him-home-to-mom kind of guy? Maybe he isn’t either, in fact, maybe you’ve got your best friend calling you in, oh, about five more minutes to save you from a dud date and some potentially regrettable decisions. Whatever the case, you can probably tell fairly early on if you’re attracted to someone and whether or not you have chemistry together. Sex appeal is a two-way street. Men are quickly figuring out the same thing as they’re meeting you for a first date or simply seeing you walk by.
Valentine’s Day can be fun no matter if you are married, dating, divorced, or single–it’s another day on the calendar, meaning the day is all that you make of it. Whether you plan to have a romantic cocktail with your sweetie or a sassy sipper with your best girlfriends, some pretty pink cocktails for Valentine’s Day can be the perfect way to celebrate this weekend.
Here are some of our favorite pink drinks for Valentine’s Day, with a few inspired back from Breast Cancer Awareness last October. You can enjoy these pink cocktails exactly as written or add your own special twists.
Feel free to try these delightful and beautiful pink alcoholic beverages and let us know what you think and which ones turn out to be your favorites!
PRETTY IN PINK
- 1 oz. Van Gogh Citroen Vodka
- 2 oz. Chilled Lemonade
- 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- Build vodka, lime juice, lemonade, and cranberry juice in a Collins glass with ice.
- Top with a squeeze of fresh lime. Garnish with a lime wedge.
– Courtesy of Van Gogh Vodka
La Vie en Rose
- Vodka 1.5oz
- Strawberry 3
- Rosé wine 1.5oz
- Lemon ¾ oz
- Squash the fruit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients with ice.
- Shake and strain.
- Courtesy of The St. Regis Mexico City and The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’
- Montelobos mezcal 1.5oz
- blueberries 10
- Rosemary 1
- Lemon juice ¾ oz
- Natural syrup ¾ oz
- Squash the fruit and the rosemary.
- Add the rest of the ingredients with ice.
- Shake and strain.
- Courtesy of The St. Regis Mexico City and The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’
- Gin 1.5 oz
- Ginger syrup ¾ oz
- Lime juice ¾ oz
- Raspberries 5
- Rosé sparkling wine 2 oz
- Squash the fruit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rosé sparkling wine) with ice.
- Shake and strain.
- Add the sparkling wine on the top.
- Courtesy of The St. Regis Mexico City and The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’
Maintaining an air of romance is an essential part of any long-term relationship. If you and your partner have been together for a long time, it’s easy to feel helpless when it comes to thinking of ideas of how to put a little romance back in your life.
With this in mind, here are five romantic ways to surprise your loved one, which are guaranteed to add a little more spice to your relationship.
1. Cook them a romantic dinner.
It may seem like a small detail, but, if executed correctly, cooking your partner a romantic dinner is an excellent means of surprising them and showing that you still love them dearly.
With the stresses of daily life taking their toll, dinner is often a rushed affair, characterised by microwave meals and quick fixes. Change up the routine, take a day off and cook a lavish and romantic meal for your other half. Don’t tell them what you’re planning, make it a surprise and really put some effort in, cooking them their favourite meal, while also lighting candles and finding the right music; getting the ambience right shows you’re willing to go that extra mile.
2. Book tickets to see their favourite band or show.
Fun nights out should not solely be reserved for special occasions. If your spouse’s favourite band is in town, book tickets for the both of you or, alternatively, take them to see that West End show that they’ve always dreamed of seeing.
Surprising your loved one doesn’t have to be for any specific reason. In fact, the more spontaneous the surprise is, the more it demonstrates a deeper knowledge of them and a deeper love for them.
3. Take an impromptu holiday.
From there, it’s all about selecting the right destination. If you can’t afford to break the bank, consider taking your partner to somewhere like Majorca, which offers the perfect balance between relaxation and frivolity, at a very affordable price. Waiting to tell your partner that you’ve booked a holiday until the last minute will certainly not be something that they’re expecting.
4. Book them a spa treatment.
If your other half has been spending more time at work than at home in recent weeks, the chances are that they are feeling drained and devoid of energy. Instead of allowing their work commitments to cause an argument, show that you understand the stress that they are under and book them a relaxing massage.
Try and book for a Saturday morning, if possible. Waking up after a stressful week at work and being told that you’re going for a massage is a great way to re-invigorate your other half and show that you care.
5. Get flowers delivered to their place of work.
This is a tricky one, as you need to make sure that it’s something that’s appropriate at your partner’s place of work. Assuming that it is, there is nothing more romantic than ordering a huge bunch of flowers and having them delivered to your partner. It certainly won’t be something that they’re expecting and it’s a truly romantic way to demonstrate your love.
A little thought
When it comes to romantic gestures, a little thought goes a long way. Extravagant gifts are a nice idea, but smaller, more thoughtful surprises often have the greatest impact.
Mother’s Day is usually a day spent with immediate family and especially the maternal figures in your life. Often it is our own mom and mother-in-law, but sometimes even our grandmothers, around whom the day revolves. As we come into our own and start our own families with our husbands, it sometimes makes sense that we have a Mother’s Day here and there all to ourselves. If you are lucky enough to have a special Mother’s Day with your husband, make the most of it and enjoy a fun and romantic Mother’s Day date rather than just sitting at home. Here are a few suggestions for sweet Mother’s Day dates to enjoy.
Find that reliable babysitter (better not ask mom or mother-in-law this time) and get your dinner reservation in early so you can ensure a smooth evening of relaxation. Here are some Mother’s Day date ideas to consider for a nice evening with your sweetheart:
Dinner and a Movie
Perhaps the most classic of all date ideas, a nice dinner and a movie date would be a great Mother’s Day date idea for a mom and dad of any age. Consider a romantic dinner followed by a romance comedy or check your local area to see if you have a Movie Tavern or similar establishment within driving distance.
Try a nice throwback date idea for a romantic drive-in movie date. If you have a drive-in movies location near you, look into spending the evening old school, viewing the movie from the car, enjoying snacks or a meal and drinks, and a little smooching.
Miniature Golf and Ice Cream
This kind of Mother’s Day date idea never gets old. What mom wouldn’t enjoy some ice cream or Italian water ice on her special day, along with a nice evening of miniature golf (or even Chip ‘n Putt)? Also look into getting a nice picture of the two of you at the mini golf course or at the ice cream parlor.
Concert, Comedy Club, or Show
Depending on where you live, you might be able to find a fun comedy club or a venue to see a live show. You might also look for somewhere you can enjoy some live music, whether it is a bar with a live band or a rock concert, or even the symphony orchestra – how romantic!
Overnight at a Romantic Resort
If you have an overnight sitter that you trust as well as the means to enjoy this sort of Mother’s Day date, consider spending one night at a nice resort or a bed and breakfast venue in your area. You can escape from the kids for the night and enjoy breakfast and a few hours to yourself the next day. Be sure to enjoy a glass of wine or champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries or another decadent dessert!
These may be some of the most common date ideas around, but as a mother, you can likely appreciate any excuse to enjoy a nice evening with your loving husband. Consider choosing one of these ideas, or if you have another suggestion or favorite Mother’s Day date memory, please share it in our comments below.
The weather is warmer, the sun is often shining, and many of us are itching to play hooky from work for a day to simply enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer this time of year. Whether you want to enjoy some special time during the week or have a weekend set aside, consider these fun and exciting spring activities for couples to keep that spark alive in your relationship.
Before you set off to enjoy your springtime date or group activity, first consider your budget and the distance you are willing to drive. You may want to plan a couple of springtime activities for couples besides yourself and your significant other, sort of like a group date, and then plan a few romantic activities for just you and your sweetheart. Check out these suggestions for spring activities for couples to enjoy this year.
• Charity dog walks
• Wine tasting
• Brewery tours
• Outdoor music
• Visiting nature preserves, flower conservatories, etc.
• Craft workshops like glassblowing or pottery
• Laser tag
• Drive-in movies
• Rock climbing
• Go on a photography walk
• Make your own Sangria
• Build a garden together
• Create a birdhouse or bird feeder together
• Running a 5K race together
• Visiting a museum or area attraction
• Enjoying a spa treatment together
If you decide to try any spring activities with a group of your coupled friends, you might be able to add some fun springtime double date ideas, like playing a team sport together such as soccer or volleyball. What other suggestions do you have for fun springtime activities for couples? Please share your favorites in our comments below.
Some people love celebrating their birthdays while others secretly try to let their birthdays pass by under the radar. Those who like to celebrate their birthday typically enjoy spending the day with family, friends, or their significant other. If you are dating or married to someone who looks forward to his or her birthday, a romantic birthday celebration may be the perfect way to show how much you care. Here are a few tips on planning a romantic birthday celebration for the one you love.
Before you get too far into the planning phases, first consider these key points. Will you plan the birthday just for the two of you, or will other people be involved? Will you stay at home or travel somewhere? What is the budget? Will you celebrate on the actual birth date or will you plan the romantic birthday events on the weekend closest to the actual birth date?
Once you know the answers to the above questions, you will find it much easier to make romantic birthday plans. Here are some suggestions to consider, ensuring your sweetheart’s birthday is romantic and memorable.
• Plan a weekend away at a bed and breakfast, romantic hotel, or other destination.
• Plan a birthday scavenger hunt with clues and a special present as the final item.
• Make plans to visit a local spa for a couples massage with champagne and chocolate or consider a steam bath or other romantic spa treatment.
• Take a trip to a local winery and enjoy your own private tour and tasting.
• Spend the day snuggled up at home, give each other massages, and order food to be delivered while you watch a movie together, relaxing the day away.
• Go out on the town for dinner and dancing.
• Treat your significant other to a personal shopping spree. (within reason!)
• Cook a gourmet dinner together, complete with dessert.
• Prepare a romantic candlelit dinner for your sweetheart, complete with romantic music in the background.
• Hire a personal chef to come and cook for you on the birthday evening.
• Go out for a classic dinner and a movie date.
• Relive your first date down to the last detail.
• Make your honey a birthday cake from scratch and decorate it with a romantic message.
• Go for a walk in the park holding hands and enjoy a picnic if it’s a nice day.
• Take a creative class together like glassblowing or pottery throwing.
• Go for a boat ride, a hike, go skating, or biking.
The actual activity you do for a romantic birthday celebration is usually the biggest piece, but don’t forget to have a birthday present handy as well as a sweet and romantic birthday card with your own romantic, handwritten note inside. Here are some examples of romantic birthday sayings you can consider. Be sure to let your lover know how much you care and just what he or she means to you.
What other ideas do you have for a romantic birthday celebration? Please share your most romantic birthday moments – or those you wish someone would do for you – in our comments below.
Springtime often surrounds us with new things – new bursts of color, new opportunities to try something different, new life in plants and flowers around us… Sometimes new relationships are budding in spring as well, and even longtime relationships can benefit from a fresh burst of excitement with a springtime adventure with the one you love. Consider these Easter date ideas and suggestions for dates you can enjoy in the springtime.
If you and your significant other aren’t spending the Easter holiday together, it can still be nice to take some time to yourselves to enjoy an Easter date of your own. Here are a few ideas for things you can do this Easter season as romantic dates in lieu of being together on Easter Sunday itself.
Springtime and Easter Date Ideas
Consider some of these date ideas for an Easter excursion or spring date with your sweetheart:
• Check out a flower or butterfly conservatory or a nearby nature preserve.
• Find a nice winery and go for a spring wine tasting and tour.
• Visit a park on a warm day and walk around, soaking up all the nature around you.
• Go with the tried and true, dinner and a movie.
• If you find yourself facing a warm evening, try to go out for some miniature golf and ice cream.
• Look into a drive-in movie theater for a retro style Easter date.
• Go out dancing – find somewhere that offers swing, salsa, or whatever you like.
• Check out a local attraction like a museum, historical landmark, or other cool sight.
• Go for a bike ride with a backpack full of picnic supplies.
• Do a craft at home – dye Easter eggs like you did as a child or try making some homemade candy.
• Sign up for a class or workshop for a hobby you both enjoy.
• Set up a spa appointment for a couples massage.
These are just a few examples of dates you can enjoy in the springtime. You can also go hiking, head off on a weekend getaway, or try one of a dozen or so other fun things together with the one you love. If you have any other suggestions for date ideas this spring and especially during the Easter season, please share them in our comments below.
March 17 can be a fun day to spend with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife. Planning a St. Patrick’s Day date can be easy as long as you and your sweetheart enjoy the same things. St. Patrick’s Day date ideas can be relatively simple to plan and they often don’t cost a lot of money either. This year St. Patty’s Day is on a Saturday, so it really is appropriate to make plans for date night. Consider these ideas for St. Patrick’s Day dates with the one you love.
Before you get started planning your St. Patty’s Day date, consider your budget as well as the weather and any other plans you and your sweetheart might like to make. This can help you to dress appropriately while keeping the date plans within your means. Here are some St. Patrick’s Day date ideas to consider.
Date Ideas for St. Patty’s Day
Check out these date ideas for celebrating the luck of the Irish:
1. Find a St. Patrick’s Day parade to attend. This becomes a great tradition you can enjoy with your family or friends every year going forward.
2. Seek out an Irish or Celtic festival or carnival near you. A lot of times churches will host a cultural festival at different times in the year. If you can find such a festival around St. Patrick’s Day, with an Irish twist, it could be the perfect St. Patty’s Day date idea.
3. Hit up your local Irish pub. You can enjoy some corned beef and cabbage or shepherd’s pie and a nice glass of Guinness or another Irish drink of choice. Better yet if you can find an Irish pub that has live music for St. Patrick’s Day.
4. Chill at home with green beer and takeout food. Not every date night has to be extravagant and expensive. Play it simple with a date night in, instead. If you like, try to find a movie with an Irish setting or Irish actors.
5. Schedule a brewery tour and tasting. You may have to have an afternoon date instead of an evening date, but a beer tour and tasting can be the perfect date activity for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. You can make this even more fun by including a few other couples as a group date idea for the Irish weekend.
You can also go away to a quaint bed and breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Soak up some culture, relax, and get away from the normal things you see and do on a daily basis. If you have other fun ideas for what to do on St. Patrick’s Day and the St. Patty’s Day weekend, please share them in our comments below.
Some of us are procrastinators. Some of us work too much or get too busy with life in general. Sometimes we are really on top of things and just have an “off” week, or month, or year. Whatever the case – running out of time before Valentine’s Day can be a common occurrence for many people. Here are some last-minute, lifesaving Valentine’s suggestions to help you survive if you find you are down to the last day, hour, or minute before your plans are set to begin.
Consider these last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts and activities to save the day when you’ve either forgotten or just didn’t have time to prepare ahead of time.
1. At the very least, be sure you have a card. Nothing says I care quite the same as a romantic card with a personal, handwritten greeting. Consider adding a special Valentine’s Day message from the heart. If you forget the card, and can’t get to a card shop in time, make one at home. It doesn’t have to be fancy – even a handwritten letter can make all the difference between disappointment and romance.
2. Grab a bunch of flowers, even on the same day. You may still have luck if your local florist carries loose flowers that you can piece together. If not, head to your local grocery store and check their flower section – you are sure to find some leftover roses or other bouquets if the other last-minute shoppers haven’t beat you to it.
3. Bake or cook. Seriously – who doesn’t love homemade chocolate chip cookies (or sugar cookies, brownies, etc.)? You can also throw together a candlelit dinner with very little effort. Simply be sure you have the groceries in the house and whip up some chicken parmesan with pasta, dinner rolls, and a salad or grill up some steaks. You can also order takeout from a local place and still set up your dining area to be romantic and personalized.
4. Get a gift card or gift certificate. You may know your sweetheart well enough to choose a gift card for something they’d absolutely love – perhaps a spa treatment or massage, an electronics store, or maybe even a local cigar shop. Try to find something personal to your partner rather than just grabbing a cash card or a generic gift card with no special meaning.
5. Create or offer something from the heart. If you are a musician, throw together a song or just play a few of your partner’s favorites. If you are an artist, make a quick sketch or small painting to mark the occasion. If you are good at giving massages, light some candles and play some soft music and offer a great massage, back rub, or foot rub. Think of something you can offer using your talents rather than your credit card.
If you are still looking for a physical last-minute gift you can wrap and present to your love on Valentine’s Day, you may still have some time to find something, depending on what stores are nearest to you. Consider these additional options for last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts:
• Bath and body products (lotions, creams, bubble bath…)
• Chocolates or candy
• Cigars or cigar accessories
• Clothing (fuzzy socks, boxers, lingerie, etc.)
• Cologne or perfume
• Decorative figurines (crystal or blown glass, sun catchers, prisms, etc.)
• Gourmet food (chocolate covered anything – pretzels, strawberries, etc.)
• Lip balm or flavored lip gloss
• Jewelry (cufflinks, bracelet, necklace…)
• Movies or music
• Photo album or frame with special pictures
• Scratch-off Lotto tickets
• Slippers or moccasins
These are just a few ideas for last-minute Valentine’s gifts you can find at most stores local to your home or place of work. What other ideas do you have for a same-day gift for the one you love? Please share them in our comments so you can help others find great gifts at the last possible second!
Wintertime is definitely one of those love-it-hate-it seasons. Some of us love it, some of us hate it, and some of us just plain love to hate it. Snow, ice, wintry mix, and freezing rain don’t exactly lend themselves to comfort. Thankfully, even with the cold weather, the darker days, and the unpredictable storm forecasts, it is still possible to enjoy the snowy season with the one you love. Consider these top 10 snowy date ideas to enjoy with your love.
Before you get started, consider whether you will be spending the day alone as a couple or potentially inviting other guests to join you. If you enjoy the winter weather now and then, you may enjoy a few fun and romantic things to do in the snow. Here are 10 snowy day date ideas to enjoy with your sweetheart:
1. Go skiing or snowboarding.
2. Stay inside bundled up under blankets, sipping hot chocolate and nibbling on cookies.
3. Warm up in front of the fireplace and watch a movie together or simply snuggle.
4. Make a snowman together.
5. Have a snowball fight to lighten the mood.
6. Go for a romantic hike in the snow and take pictures of all the pretty sights.
7. Try your luck with cross-country skiing to see if you enjoy it.
8. Visit a local winery or brewery as long as they are still open.
9. Once the snow stops falling, try to find a place to play some pond hockey if possible.
10. Start your date on a snowy day, but change your mind and take your sweetheart on a romantic, last-minute getaway somewhere warmer.
Now that you’ve seen our top 10 snowy date ideas to consider, be sure to choose the one that is the best fit for you and your significant other. If you have other fun or exciting winter date ideas, please share them in our comments below.
January is often a month of refreshing changes. Many people pledge to lose weight, pay off debt, or become more organized as a new year arrives. Others may search for their dream job or try to smooth out other areas of their lives. One of the best things you can do for yourself and your significant other is to make a commitment to better your relationship for the New Year. Consider these tips on New Year’s Resolutions for your relationship.
Whether you are married, in a long-term relationship, or newly dating, there are definitely things you can do to improve the quality of your relationship or at least the interactions between you and your husband / wife, or boyfriend / girlfriend. If you take the time to wonder what men want in a relationship or what women want, you can almost always improve your romantic life. Working on these little improvements can go a great way in making your relationship more stable and overall, more satisfactory for both of you.
Here are some top New Year’s Resolutions for your relationship this year:
1. Pledge never to go to bed angry. Resolve any conflicts before you go to bed, and avoid fighting in your bedroom if at all possible. If you can’t resolve a certain matter before you have to head in for the night, at least set it aside for now, agree to disagree for the time being, and take a few moments to let the other person know how much you care.
2. Work on changing the things you do that annoy your partner. Whether it’s being perpetually late or having clutter around the house, take the time to address these areas and do what you can to maintain the improvement. Your relationship will be so much better for it.
3. Choose your battles. If it seems like you and your partner fight a lot, it might be something you both need to work on together. If it seems one-sided with you being the aggressor, you can start to take steps toward a more peaceable relationship. Remember, each person is entitled to his or her emotions as well as his or her opinions. Choose your battles means having the important fights when necessary and overlooking some of the smaller things that aren’t really damaging your relationship.
4. Avoid lying to your partner. Adhere to a foundation of trust and truth so that you can both enjoy a secure relationship where your love can flourish.
5. Make a point to sit down to dinner each night, or as often as possible. Rather than watching television with your meal, sit down at the kitchen table and relax through your dinner. Enjoy a conversation and take the time to find out how your partner’s day went. Try to do this a couple times a week at the very least, as it is a good practice to instill for your future together.
6. Say ‘I love you’ everyday and mean it. Take the time to express your feelings for your sweetheart and be sure you fully absorb the meaning behind it. Sometimes we get into a routine or habit of doing things – be sure to make each ‘I love you’ special by looking your partner in the eye, following with a kiss, or at the very least, having some meaning in your voice as you say it. Be sure to let your sweetheart know how you feel each and every day.
Do your best to put these five New Year’s resolutions for your marriage or relationship into practice and take note of the positive changes you experience. Fighting less, increasing trust, and expressing your love for one another can go a long way to improving your relationship and cementing things for the long haul. If you have other suggestions for New Year’s resolutions for your relationship, please share them in our comments below.
Are you still searching for a few last minute gift ideas for the special woman in your life? Not to worry – Julep has a few perfect gift ideas of its own for this holiday season. In fact, to put it in Julep’s words, “ Julep loves… nailing the perfect holiday gift.”
Along with cookies, Pollyanna gifts, and parties filled with fun and laughter, the holiday season brings with it lots of hugging and hand shaking. This means that everyone’s hands are going to be front and center, where they are clearly visible.
With that in mind, giving the gift of the ultimate choice in hand-and-nail sets is a great idea. Every woman enjoys showing off beautiful, healthy hands and gorgeous nails, especially if they are hoping to have one or more of their fingers bejeweled with a shiny new diamond or colorful gemstone.
This season, Julep revs it up with holiday offerings that shout out with festive cheer, classic sophistication, and modern sass. Their newest nail kits are adorable and you can find them at Julep Gifts.
Two of the most popular kits include “The Girlfriend’s Essential Nail Vernis Gift Set” retailing for only $28. This must-have set includes Julep Essential Cuticle Oil, Catherine Nail Vernis, and Jennifer Nail Vernis. The Julep Essential Cuticle Oil delivers essential oils and vitamin E for luxurious hydration as well as nail and cuticle strengthening. Plus, you get Catherine Nail Vernis – a classic red color that is perfect for a hot romantic date, and Jennifer Nail Vernis, a sheer polish offering just the tiniest touch of pink for a sophisticated night on the town.
The Glowing Hands Gift Set retails for $48 and features a delightful array of beauty care products including Facial for Hands, Julep Essential Cuticle Oil, Jennifer Nail Vernis, Catherine Nail Vernis, and Julep Crystal Nail File – all of this is packaged up in an adorable Julep makeup bag. The Facial for Hands beauty-care product delivers a skin-soft facial for hands- infused with apricot seeds for a quality exfoliating experience that coaxes your hands into luxurious softness. The Julep Essential Cuticle Oil hydrates and strengthens the nails and the nail file is designed for longevity, so you can keep it forever.
A lot of other kits are available, so you are sure to find a great last minute gift idea for someone you care about or even for yourself. I received these two kits for the purposes of the review and now my daughter and I are playing tug of war with them. Guess we will be checking out Julep Gifts soon as well.