In many cases men and women both cherish and hold onto love letters and sentimental greeting cards sent from significant others or love interests. You can brighten your sweetheart’s day with a sweet or sexy love letter penned especially for him or her. Put your heart and soul into writing the romantic love letter and it will show – and you may even get a love letter in return from your soul mate.
When deciding to write a love letter to your love interest, think about the person for a few moments. Are you going steady or already committed to each other, or is this person someone you would like to get to know better? Take things at an appropriate pace when composing the first love letter. Don’t jump in head first unless you know your intended is also head over heels for you. While it’s quite endearing when you wear your heart on your sleeve, getting hurt takes its toll after a while.
Writing love letters is only as difficult as you allow it to be. Let your heart do the talking and your love letter writing experience should go just fine. Consider these tips to help you write sweet love letters, inspirational love letters, passionate love letters, or even apology love letters.
Tips for Writing Love Letters
No matter what kind of love letters you would like to write, check out these love letter tips that should help you to compose your thoughts in a meaningful way.
What to Say in a Love Letter
• Mention specific things that you love about the recipient of your love letter. Go into detail about his or her best traits, and what you adore the most.
• Allude to romantic or even erotic things you would like to do together with your sweetheart in the love letter. You can just hint around or you can come right out and say it, depending on your personality.
• Don’t forget to express how much you miss the person or how you can’t wait to see him or her next.
• If you are only just getting to know the person, ease into expressing your feelings, but still make some sweet comments or suggestions as far as getting together again soon.
• Compliment your love interest by commenting on his or her looks, personality, aspirations, talents, or other positive features or traits.
How to Personalize a Love Letter
• Hand-write your love letter to show that you think enough of the recipient to put the time into personalizing the note.
• Spritz a little bit of your perfume or cologne on the love letter itself.
• Place a red lipstick kiss on the outside of the envelope. Sealed with a kiss never goes out of style!
• Include photos of the two of you or sexy / sweet photos of yourself.
• Instead of a kiss, consider sealing the envelope with sealing wax and a stamp.
If you are writing a passionate love letter or a very romantic love letter, be sure to express very clearly how you feel about the person and what things you look forward to doing together. You can be sweet and innocent or a bit sultry and seductive. Passionate love letters can build up anticipation for two lovers to see each other. Love letters are a great way for sweethearts to connect across the miles in a long distance relationship.
If you plan to write sweet love letters to love interests or a newfound crush, consider toning down the intensity and keeping your thoughts and comments light and airy. Be subtle in most cases and don’t go overboard in any particular direction – try to keep your love letter on an even keel. Compliment your love interest, catch up on what’s new, and try to make plans to get together in your sweet love letters.
Inspirational love letters can be a lot of fun but also a valuable tool in encouraging your sweetheart to reach for the stars, no matter what his or her dream may be. You can write inspirational love letters to your significant other before a big test or a job interview or any other important yet sometimes harrowing experience. You can also write inspirational love letters as a form of congratulations after a job well done. Anything upbeat, positive, and even somewhat romantic can become the contents of a great inspirational love letter.
If you must make amends for something you’ve done that you regret, an apology love letter can go a long way to helping you regain your love’s good graces. Depending on how you’ve wronged your sweetheart, a heartfelt apology love letter may be one way to help the two of you begin to return to how things used to be. Apology love letters may be difficult to write, but for some people it may be easier to put thoughts to paper as opposed to having a conversation in person or on the phone. Writing love letters, especially apology love letters, gives you a chance to really think through everything you want to say, recite it, revise it, rewrite it, or scrap it altogether.
Writing love letters can be a very special experience shared by two people. Whether you tuck the love letter into your husband’s or wife’s lunch bag or if you mail your love letters across the miles, writing love letters can bring you closer to your significant other. Take your time in writing your love letters and be sure to reread it before sending. Once you’ve delivered your love letter, your words are etched in eternity, at least for you and that person. Be sure to write from your heart – your romantic love letters could be the spark that ignites an everlasting love.