Father’s Day Rum Drinks
1. Place the vanilla sugar, the mint leaves, and a little soda water into a highball glass.
2. Muddle well to dissolve the vanilla sugar and to release the mint flavor.
3. Squeeze the juice from both halves of the lime into the glass.
4. Drop one half of the lime into the glass.
5. Add the rum.
6. Stir well.
7. Fill the glass with ice cubes.
8. Top the glass up with soda water.
9. Garnish with the mint sprig.
Courtesy of Heilala Vanilla
BACARDĺ Cuba Libre, a toast to freedom
1. Squeeze and drop lime wedge over BACARDĺ rum and cola.
2. Garnish with lime.
BACARDĺ “Rum ‘N’ Coke Float”
1. Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
2. Pour on the BACARDĺ Superior Rum.
3. Top up with chilled Coca Cola.
4. Finish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. Put the sugar and bitters into the glass, add a barspoon of BACARDĺ rum to help dissolve the sugar, muddle with the base of the barspoon.
2. Then add 2 pieces of ice and 10 ml of rum.
3. Stir well.
4. Add more ice and more rum till the glass is almost filled with both.
5. Pour the apple juice at the end and gently stir.
6. Garnish with orange zest.
Recipes courtesy of BACARDĺ
4 cups hot water
1 cup white rice, rinsed and drained
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-natural Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Low-fat Vanilla
4 ounces spiced rum (optional)
1. Combine water, rice and cinnamon sticks in large bowl; cool.
2. Cover; refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
3. Removecinnamon sticks.
4. Spoon the rice into a food processor or blender (reserve soaking liquid); cover.
5. Process on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add reserved soaking liquid and sugar; process for 2 minutes.
7. Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve into a pitcher, pressing the rice solids until only a dry paste remains; discard paste.
8. Stir Coffee-mate and rum into mixture.
9. Serveover ice.
10. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Courtesy of Coffee-mate
VOGA Italia’s Spiced Sangria
3-4 fresh figs, slices/1 cup of dried figs
1-2 fresh gala apples, sliced
2-3 clementines – sliced
1 sliced lemon
2 bottles of VOGA Italia Merlot
3 cups of sparkling apple cider
1 cup of orange juice
0.5 cup of brandy
0.5 cup of dark spiced rum
4 cinnamon sticks
5 whole cloves
1. Start off by inserting the whole cloves directly into the sliced apples.
2. Combine all of the sliced fruit in a glass pitcher and slowly pour in the brandy and wine.
3. Cover the pitcher and allow for it to chill – the longer, the better!
4. Before you serve: Add sparkling cider and orange juice.
5. Stir the mixture gently and serve it over ice.
Courtesy of Voga Italia Wines
Keep Reading for More Father’s Day Cocktails…