Beer and Ginger Beer Cocktails for Dad
0.5 oz Dainzu Hibiscus Syrup
0.5oz fresh lime juice
0.25 oz Valentina Sauce
0.25 oz Salsa Inglesa (or Worcestershire Sauce)
1 bottle of lager beer
1. In a tall pilsner rimmed with Junior Merino’s Aleppo Pepper & Lime Rimmer, pour in the syrup, lime, and Salsa Inglesa.
2. Stir with a barspoon.
3. Top with lager and give a gentle stir to incorporate the ingredients.
0.5 oz. Junior Merino’s Dainzu Elderflower & Ginger Syrup
0.5 oz. St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1 oz. Regatta ginger beer
1.5 oz. Bourbon
8 mint leaves
3 dashes Junior Merino’s Lavender & Yuzu Cachaca Intensive (Bitters)
3 dashes Junior Merino’s Roasted Apple & Toasted Spices Armagnac Intensive (Bitters)
1. Except for ginger beer, shake all ingredients in a Junior Merino Boston Shaker.
2. Add the ginger beer.
3. Pour over crushed iced into a snifter.
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a mist of Junior Merino’s Go Citrus Enhancer (Aromatics).
1 slice of orange, cut in half
1 think slice of ginger, peeled
2 basil leaves
0.5 oz Dainzu Aloe & Lemongrass Syrup
0.5 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1.5 oz Scotch infused with 5 spices (process below)
0.75 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz Regatta Ginger Beer
1. To make the infusion: for 1 Liter of Scotch, add: 1 tablespoon of pink pepper corns, 1 cinnamon stick, 5 whole black cardamom pods (crushed), 10 cloves, 1/4 t grated nutmeg for 24 hours before use.
2. Muddle the first 4 ingredients in a mixing glass.
3. Add the liqueur, scotch, and lemon.
4. Add ice and shake.
5. Add ginger beer.
6. Double strain into a highball filled with fresh ice.
7. Garnish with pink pepper corns and candied ginger.
Recipes courtesy of Junior Merino, The Liquid Chef
You can always treat Dad to a variety of other timeless cocktails, like Gin ‘n Tonics or even Scotch on the Rocks. For the beer-loving dad, consider giving him a new cooler, complete with a mixed selection of beers. No matter what you decide to do for Father’s Day, as you are celebrating and making great memories, please drink responsibly, and if you are drinking, don’t drive.
Happy Father’s Day!