Quotes for ‘moving on’ can sometimes help to put a bad breakup or a messy divorce into perspective. If you have a friend or close family member going through the tough end of a relationship, a sweet card with an inspirational quote, or even an uplifting quote about ‘moving on’ may help ease the pain. Moving on is never easy, and most often time is the only way to heal those wounds. There are simple things we can do to help ourselves or help others overcome the feelings of sadness and depression that ensue following the end of a relationship. Consider these ideas for getting over a breakup or divorce, especially related to uplifting quotes for ‘moving on.
Moving on and letting go can be one of the hardest things you ever have to do. Sometimes people in relationships have differences that just can’t be resolved on their own. If counseling isn’t an option, or doesn’t help, the only choice may be to break up or get a divorce. When this last resort is the only option, it can take a long time to recover from the heartache and grief of this type of loss. Here are some inspirational quotes about moving on and letting go to help soothe the pain.
Quotes about Holding onto the Good Times
In some cases, thinking about the good times and keeping the precious memories close can help. In some relationships, it may actually exacerbate the problem. These quotes are still uplifting so they should relate to most instances of letting go and moving on.
– “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss
– “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” ~ Lord Alfred Tennyson
– “Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.” ~ Anonymous
Courage in Moving on Quotes
Oftentimes we find ourselves stuck in the same place because we are not brave enough to move on. We may not be courageous enough to start over, to break up, meet new people, enjoy another first kiss. Sometimes that little bit of courage is all we need to find something even better than ever before!
– “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
– “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~ Raymond Lindquist
– “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” ~ Len Santos
More Quotes for Moving On…